- Treatment of genuine heart insufficiency in patients who have proven to be failures with either drug when used alone or in combination.
- Reduction of myocardial oxygen requirements during acute or chronic cardiac ischemia.
- Reduction of risk of fatal cardiac arrhythmias in the immediate post- myocardial infarction period.
- Treatment of non-insulin dependent diabetes ( diabetes type 2 ) when the conditions cannot controlled adequately by diet and reduction of excess weight alone.
- May be used concomitantly with other oral agents in patients who have proven to be failures with either drug when used alone or in combination.
- May be used in combination with insulin to reduce the insulin dose where reduction of insulin dosage or frequency is considered beneficial.
- As a adjunct therapy of diabetic ketoacidosis.
Other metablism diseases
- For reduction of triglycerides and LDL-cholesterol to prevent arteriosclerosis.
Rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory diseases
- Treatment alone or in combination with known anti-inflammatory drugs to prevent side-effects.
Leukemia and other cancer
- For enhancement of clinical efficacy of anti-tumor agents.
Farm animal ketosis
- Treatment of dairy cow ketoacidosis.